- Category: I Am New
- Published on Friday, 27 January 2012 16:41
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 9449
Even though some of us have been here a while, we wanted to answer questions we had when we joined and questions we often hear from our new members. First, here are some facts:
• Sunday Worship Services - 7:30 a.m.; 9:30 a.m.; and 11:30 a.m.
• Communion Worship Services - First Wednesday of each month at 11:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
• Bible Study - Led by our Pastor, Bishop Debnam on Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. A bag lunch is provided following the mid-day teaching.
• The Church’s main phone number is (410) 747-3417.
• We currently have two locations – the main Catonsville Church location at 154 Winters Lane; and our Morning Star Baptist Church Community Outreach Center located in Woodlawn at 6665 Security Boulevard. Our Renaissance Christian Counseling Center is also located within the Security Boulevard facility.
Here are some questions we often hear asked:
How do I find out more about the Church’s Ministry programs?
One of the best ways to learn more about the Ministry is by participating in our New Member Classes which are held once a month on the 2nd Saturday at 9:00 a.m. Please call the church office at (410) 747-3417 to confirm your attendance. These classes are encouraged for all New Members. They are designed to help acclimate you to the Morning Star Baptist Church- what we believe, when we meet, our ministries and our culture.
Are there specific requirements for participating in a Ministry?
A number of our Ministries – such as Couples, Singles, and Seniors – welcome your attendance at their monthly meetings. Other Ministries, the best example being perhaps the Dance Ministries and some of the Christian education classes have requirements or “procedures” for joining. Our goal is to “get you involved” so our Ministry programs are designed for inclusion, not exclusion. We should mention that we urge persons to complete their New Member classes as they walk toward participating in a Ministry.
What’s all the talk about a building campaign?
The Church has purchased property along Security Boulevard in Woodlawn. The vision is to build a ministry campus in this location. You can learn more about all of these plans under the IMAGINE Campaign. Detailed information is also provided during the New ember Classes.
When do I get the Right Hand of Fellowship?
All those who join the church are eligible to receive the Right Hand of Fellowship. In the Baptist Church, the Right Hand of Fellowship is a practice intended to welcome a new member into the fellowship of a congregation. It is based on Paul's letter to the Galatians, chapter 2 verse 9, where Paul says three disciples of Jesus "gave me and Barnabas their right hands of fellowship" bonding them together as members of the new Christian church. The Right Hand of Fellowship is given during the Communion Worship Service on the 1st Wednesday of each month. Please arrive 15 to20 minutes before the service so you may be seated in the appropriate area. When you arrive, simply let any usher know that you are there for the Right Hand of Fellowship, and they will escort you to the correct area.
When is Baptism?
Baptism is held before our Communion Worship Service on the 1st Wednesday of each month. To schedule your baptism, and obtain additional information, please call the church office at (410) 747-3417.
Is it possible to speak with the Pastor?