September 30, 2014 06:00 PM
Men in Prayer
September 30, 2014 06:30 PM
September 30, 2014 06:30 PM
September 30, 2014 07:00 PM
Young Adult Choir Rehearsal
October 01, 2014 06:00 AM
Morning Devotional Call w/Bishop
- Category: Our Ministries
- Published on Friday, 27 January 2012 16:29
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 6375
Our Ministries for Youth
• Rites of Passage Young Men's Mentoring
• Daughters of Imani Program for Young Girls
• REAL Worship
• Fellowships and Activities
"Anyone who works in the church knows that junior high may be the single most pivotal period for spiritual decisions in the lives of our children." Rick Warren, Senior Pastor of Saddleback Church
Two significant life-phases overlap during the young-teen years: the openness and responsive characteristic of childhood; and the forward-looking attitudes of teenage years. Young people are open to Christ during these years and Morning Star provides ministry opportunities which shape and strengthen the faith of our youth. One of the biggest challenges to this vision is the fact that young teens experience change in every aspect of development: physical, emotional, cognitive, relational and social. A full-time youth minister, along with a host of committed ministry volunteers work diligently to ensure Morning Star ministers to the young person in their entirety.
The Youth Ministries of Morning Star are committed to developing holistic ministry opportunities that put our young people in the best position to succeed in life. This is done by instilling in them an understanding of who God is, godly principles; a strong sense of value and purpose; educational importance; and the tools required to be successful in life.
Our mentoring programs - Rites of Passage and Daughters of Imani - are nationally recognized, providing weekly instruction in professional, social and spiritual development. Our REAL Worship experience provides fellowship and spiritual growth opportunities. In addition, there is an array of social activities that provide youth with the opportunity to have fun, bond and develop life-long friendships.
• The Rites of Passage Young Men's Mentoring is coordinated by a group of dedicated men from our Men's Ministry. Sessions meet on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month @11:30 a.m.
• The Daughters of Imani Young Ladies Mentoring is committed to training our young ladies into becoming jewels in the church and in the community. Sessions meet on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month @11:30 a.m.
• REAL Worship is a complete Worship experience hosted by and for our young people on the 1st Sunday of each month at 9:30 a.m.
• Youth Bible Study meets on Wednesdays from 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
• Fellowships and Activities are held throughout the year. Specific information is available on the Events section of the website or from members of the Youth Ministry volunteer team.
Important Note: All volunteers who work with our children and youth must complete the MSBC Abuse Prevention and Risk Management Plan training. The training program provides critical information and training for persons who volunteer in our children and youth programs. In addition to completing the training, volunteers must also agree to a criminal background check. Ministering to, and at the same time, protecting OUR children is of paramount importance to the Ministry. For more information regarding this training program, contact the Church's Director of Human Resources by Clicking Here.
Project Redemption Upcoming Classes/Activities/Events
Calling ALL Parents! We will have our first Project Redemption parent meeting on Friday, September 5th at 6:30pm at our Security Blvd. location. For more information about the parent meeting, please contact Dr. Ishmael Mitchell at (410) 265-7460 ext. 118.
Attention Parents! Class for Project Redemption will resume on September 14, 2014. All students Grades 6th – 12th are encouraged to join us. For all students who need transportation to class, the bus will depart from the church at 9:15am and will return at 11:00am.