March 11, 2014 06:00 PM
Men in Prayer
March 11, 2014 06:30 PM
March 11, 2014 06:30 PM
March 11, 2014 07:00 PM
Young Adult Choir Rehearsal
March 12, 2014 06:00 AM
Morning Devotional Call w/Bishop
- Category: Uncategorised
- Published on Tuesday, 17 January 2012 07:43
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 3837
New Member Information - Welcome to ‘The Star”
On behalf of our Pastor, Bishop Dwayne C. Debnam, First Lady, Lady Carla Debnam and the entire Morning Star Baptist Church family we welcome you! As you begin your journey at Morning Star, we are so excited about what God will do with and through you. New beginnings are often exciting and intimidating at the same time. The New Member Ministry wants to help you as you navigate through your experience with God and the church. In fact, that’s the beauty of having a church home. Just like your family, we are committed to walking you through the rough moments, celebrating with you in the joyous moments and standing with you for all the moments in between. Welcome to “The Star.”
Morning Star is a Church that is serious about salvation. Your spiritual growth is most important to us, that’s why we offer three Sunday Worship Services at 7:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Communion Worship Services are held on the 1st Wednesday of each month at 11:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. and Bible Study meets on the 2nd through 5th Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m. & 6:30 p.m.
If we could offer two words to new members, they would be “get involved.” Getting involved in Worship, Bible Study or one of the dozens of ministries we offer can help solidify the decision you’ve made to follow Christ. The reality is that for every one thing pulling you “toward God,” there are numerous challenges attempting to pull you “away from God.” Being involved, developing relationships and learning God’s will for your life are critical as you commit not only to starting this journey, but staying on the journey. Welcome!
New Member FAQ’s
Even though some of us have been here a while, we wanted to answer questions we had when we joined and questions we often hear from our new members. First, here are some facts:
• Sunday Worship Services - 7:30 a.m.; 9:30 a.m.; and 11:30 a.m.
• Communion Worship Services - First Wednesday of each month at 11:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
• Bible Study - Led by our Pastor, Bishop Debnam on Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. A bag lunch is provided following the mid-day teaching.
• The Church’s main phone number is (410) 747-3417.
• We currently have two locations – the main Catonsville Church location at 154 Winters Lane; and our Morning Star Baptist Church Community Outreach Center located in Woodlawn at 6665 Security Boulevard. Our Renaissance Christian Counseling Center is also located within the Security Boulevard facility.
Here are some questions we often hear asked:
How do I find out more about the Church’s Ministry programs?
One of the best ways to learn more about the Ministry is by participating in our New Member Classes which are held once a month on the 2nd Saturday at 9:00 a.m. Please call the church office at (410) 747-3417 to confirm your attendance. These classes are encouraged for all New Members. They are designed to help acclimate you to the Morning Star Baptist Church- what we believe, when we meet, our ministries and our culture.
Are there specific requirements for participating in a Ministry?
A number of our Ministries – such as Couples, Singles, and Seniors – welcome your attendance at their monthly meetings. Other Ministries, the best example being perhaps the Dance Ministries and some of the Christian education classes have requirements or “procedures” for joining. Our goal is to “get you involved” so our Ministry programs are designed for inclusion, not exclusion. We should mention that we urge persons to complete their New Member classes as they walk toward participating in a Ministry.
What’s all the talk about a building campaign?
The Church has purchased property along Security Boulevard in Woodlawn. The vision is to build a ministry campus in this location. You can learn more about all of these plans under the IMAGINE Campaign. Detailed information is also provided during the New ember Classes.
When do I get the Right Hand of Fellowship?
All those who join the church are eligible to receive the Right Hand of Fellowship. In the Baptist Church, the Right Hand of Fellowship is a practice intended to welcome a new member into the fellowship of a congregation. It is based on Paul's letter to the Galatians, chapter 2 verse 9, where Paul says three disciples of Jesus "gave me and Barnabas their right hands of fellowship" bonding them together as members of the new Christian church. The Right Hand of Fellowship is given during the Communion Worship Service on the 1st Wednesday of each month. Please arrive 15 to20 minutes before the service so you may be seated in the appropriate area. When you arrive, simply let any usher know that you are there for the Right Hand of Fellowship, and they will escort you to the correct area.
When is Baptism?
First, we are baptized because Christ was baptized. It is one of two Ordinances, the second being Communion, both of which are practiced in the Baptist Church. Baptism is held before our Communion Worship Service on the 1st Wednesday of each month. To schedule your baptism, and obtain additional information, please call the church office at (410) 747-3417
Is it possible to speak with the Pastor?
For Our Visitors
We appreciate anyone the Lord sends to our Ministry. Whether it is in person during one of our services or online as a visitor to our website, your presence is a blessing. If you’ve shared with us in person, please come again. If you are visiting our website, we invite you to take a look around, view some of our activities and come join us at one of our services. Here is additional information for you:
• Our Worship Services are held on Sunday mornings at 7:30 a.m.; 9:30 a.m.; and 11:30 a.m. We have a host of activities going on weekly and you do not have to be a member to attend. Below are some of those opportunities:
• We offer Christian Education Classes in the areas of Spiritual Formation, Discipleship and Stewardship
• Our Pastor hosts a weekly bible study on Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
• We serve Holy Communion on the 1st Wednesday of the month at 11:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. (except during the Summer, when we meet on the 1st Sunday at 4:00 p.m.)
• We have ministry activities for children, youth, young adults, men, women and seniors. Please check our Events Calendar for upcoming activities.
Most importantly we are a church that is committed to building and rebuilding lives! We hope you will join us in fellowship. We look forward to meeting you!